Sunday 5 June 2016

Mini Drugstore Beauty Spring Haul and Reviews


Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing a few drugstore beauty items I picked up over the course of May.


  


The first thing I picked up is something I've had my eye on for a while. It is the Hard Candy Velvet Lip Mousse in Daffodil. Daffodil is a light warm brown nude shade with an orange undertone. I use a small amount of this when I wear it because I find that if I build it up too much,that the shade doesn't flatter my skin tone. I believe that this is similar to the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams in the sense that it is opaque (kind of  like a liquid lipstick) but has a creamy, "mousse-like" texture that does not dry down or set. Many people do not enjoy this type of formulation since they find that it transfers easily. However if you are okay with a lip product that does not "set" then I would recommend checking these out. They come a few different shades as you can see in the advertisement for them. I am very interested in picking up the shades Wisteria (purple) and Cherry Blossom (deeper pink) as well. I believe these are limited edition since they are part of the spring collection.



All of the Velvet Lip Mousses come in their own little tin that coordinates with the colour of lipstick. It has a mirror inside and a place for the lipstick. While the packaging is bulky and not very practical, it still looks cute displayed on a vanity.


As you can see the applicator is long and thin, but keep in mind that it is also a bit stiff.



I picked up was the Covergirl Oh Sugar Balm in the shade number 4 Taffy. It's not as soft and buttery as the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments but for $7 CDN it's still a really hydrating lip balm with a pretty colour. It is a nice brownish rosy colour that can be built up to look more opaque. I would highly recommend this lip balm. I would love to pick up more shades!




The next item purchased was also from Covergirl. This lipstick is part of Katy Perry's line with Covergirl called Katy Kat Matte. All of the lipsticks have names relating to cats. I got the shade Catoure which is a mauvey rose colour. I really like this lipstick as well and I will also be picking up more shades. However, I do not know if this collection is limited edition or not.

Here is a swatch of all three of the lip products:


The last thing I picked up was this Revlon Nail Polish in the shade 161 Teak Rose. Revlon makes some awesome nail polishes and this one is no different. The colour is beautiful and the formula is really nice too. 


Thanks for reading!xx

No comments:

Post a Comment