Saturday 4 June 2016

Benefit Cheekathon Palette Review

Hello everyone today I will be reviewing the Benefit Cheekathon Palette. When this first came out I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Here are some of the promo pictures featuring Patrick Star, KathleenLights, and MannyMua.



This is what the outside packaging of the palette looks like. The box it comes in also has the same design. 


It also includes a booklet with tips and tricks on how to use the products.


This is what the inside of the palette looks like. It has a removable plastic slip with the names of each product.


This is the brush that comes with the palette. It also comes in all of Benefit's boxed blushes. I think it is okay but there are better brushes out there. I actually would have prefer if benefit put another boxed blush in place of the brush instead like Hervana.



Here are the hand swatches of the products.

(L-R: Dandelion, Hoola, Rockateur, Dallas, Coralista)
I am really on the fence about this product. I used my 10% off coupon to Sephora that I got with my VIB card but with the tax I still payed $76 CDN. I ordered it online and for some reason, Sephora did not include my receipt with my order. As you can see from the swatches, some of the products looks powdery and not as pigmented. I thought getting five full size products in the palette was a good deal and I will say I was a little bit worried when this palette first came out because when Benefit has made similar products in the past they have had poor reviews. This is because many companies tend to cheap out when making products where you're a deal on full size products. They use less of the more expensive ingredients to save money and it changes the quality/formulation of the product. I waited till reviews came out for this palette and most people said that formula was the same as they other full sized box blushes. I don't have any of those blushes to compare the quality, but I disagree with those people. If you google swatches of Coralista, it looks more coral/pink then the version of Coralista in this palette and also lacks pigmentation. My skin tone is relatively light and I feel like Coralista doesn't really show up on my skin. Dallas looks okay to me but I feel like you could get mauvey blush from the drugstore and it would probably look the same. Rockateur has a glitter overspray and I think the blush would look better once I get rid of the overspray better the glitter looks awful on my cheeks. So far I do like Hoola bronzer. I've never really been into contouring but recently i've been trying it out with Hoola and I think it looks okay. It's definitely a tad too warm on my skin but it's still okay. I also find Hoola to be very pigmented so I try to only use a little bit. Hoola and Dandelion are my favourites in this palette so far. Dandelion actually looks really beautiful on my skin tone, however it does have a bit of a powdery/chalky texture. I watched Emily Noel's review of this palette and she said that Hoola's formulation is the same as the original, Dandelion is more pigmented, and the other three (Rockateur,Dallas, and Coralista) were all different in shade and formulation. This is part of the reason why I am on the fence about this palette. I like two of the products and I think I might get use out of Dallas possibly in the fall, but I feel like maybe I should return it since I don't enjoy all of the products in the palette. At the same time, since I like two of the products, that still totals out to the price of the palette plus three other blushes that I might use. So overall, I still need to decide if I want to keep this or not, but I do not recommend it especially for the price it is. Thank you for reading.

EDIT: I have since returned the palette because it was breaking me out. I know it was this palette because it was the only new product I was using, I never break out in my cheek area, and the acne went away once I stopped using it. I feel like you could find better products at the drugstore considering the price and low quality of the products. If you are interested in getting this palette, I would recommend trying out some inexpensive Korean blushes instead or the Too Faced Love Flush Blush Wardrobe.



No comments:

Post a Comment