Thursday 5 May 2016

Sephora Give Me Some Nude Lip Set



Hello everyone! I've been meaning to put this post up for a few weeks and it is long overdue. I honestly haven't felt motivated to do anything these past few weeks. Anyways, today I wanted to talk about a this lip product set I picked up at Sephora a few weeks ago. I didn't think I would have ended up getting my hands on this since it sold out online and my local Sephora was unsure if they would be getting it. Luckily I was able to pick one up and I would highly suggest picking it up if you can get your hands on it!



This set comes with five different lip products-two of which are full size ( Nars Dolce Vita Lipstick and Nudestix Lip + Cheek Crayon in Whisper). The other products in this set include: Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lipstick in Milky Way, Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Namaste, and the Marc Jacobs (P)Outliner Longwear Lip Pencil in Prim(rose). I swatched all five of these products on my lips. While I was swatching them, I realized that for some reason I never swatched and other lippies i've posted about so far. So I went back and edited my previous posts to include lip swatches. Let's get on to the swatches!

Nars Dolce Vita Lipstick



This Nars lipstick is the main reason I bought this set. I've wanted to try it for many years and although it is a very sheer colour that is close to my actual lip shade, I find it to be moisturizing and comfortable to wear.

Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lipstick in Milky Way




This lipstick is a cool tone grayish nude brown. It looks fine if I only put on one coat, however if I keep layering it on, the colour tends to make me look a little bit dead. So on me personally, I feel that less is more with this lipstick. Nevertheless, it's still a beautiful nude colour and I have nothing like it in my collection.

Nudestix Lip + Cheek Crayon in Whisper



I think this nude colour would work better on paler skin.However, this product can also be used as a blush and I really love how it looks on the cheeks!

Marc Jacobs (P)Outliner Longwear Lip Pencil in Prim(rose)




This is a really pretty rosy lip liner and I love it. You twist up the packaging to get more product out.

Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Namaste





This was my least favourite product in the set and I found it pretty disappointing. I already knew that this liquid lipstick didn't have the best reviews before I purchased this set and I can see why since this liquid lipstick never sets.

(Arm swatch in natural lighting. From top to bottom: Milky Way, Dolce Vita, Prim(rose), Namaste, Whisper)

Overall, I love when Sephora releases these kinds of sets because it gives you the chance to try out different products. This was my first time trying out nude lip colours on myself. So if you're into nude lips then I reccomend you give this a shot. I hope my post was helpful and thanks for reading! xx




No comments:

Post a Comment