Saturday 30 April 2016

Summer Goals

Hello everyone! Today I wanted to write about my goals for this summer. It's nothing extreme like climbing Mount Everest, but they are goals I know I can achieve if I put my mind to it.

1) To Get Healthy

I've struggled with my weight for many years and while I would like to lose weight, my overall goal is to eat healthier and be more active. This also includes mental health and maintaining a positive outlook on life. I would like to improve my socializing skills and meet new people. I would also like to start doing yoga and meditating more frequently.

2) Keep Writing

Whether it's short stories, poetry, journaling, blogging, or just getting my thoughts down on paper, I would like to write more. Writing is something that I have always enjoyed and I feel like it allows me to express my opinions and thoughts that I have difficulty saying in person.

3) Find Work

I would love to be able to find a job for the summer. Not only would it benefit me financially, but it would also give the opportunity to interact with people more. I've struggled with unemployment for a while and it has been a contributor to my depression.

4) Start Volunteering

I want to volunteer within my community. My number one goal in life has always been to help others or make a difference in people's lives. I am going to start looking into volunteering opportunities this summer.

5) Learning How to Film and Edit Videos

If you read my post about my first year of college, you would know that I mentioned taking other programs in college after I finish my current one. I'm torn between getting into writing or filming. Since media is such a big part of our society, I am interested in an occupation that allows me to express myself more. I also have some ideas for upcoming projects I would like to create.

6) Improve Makeup Skills

I want to improve my makeup skills since makeup is something I am extremely passionate about and there is always room for improvement. I am also looking into taking a makeup course in the new future.

7) Read More

I love reading and I can never stop doing it. Whether it's books or articles online, I'm always reading something. I love learning new things as well so this summer I am going to read as much as I possibly can.

8) Going on Adventures

Getting outside more is always a good thing. This summer I plan on going for more hikes and walks as well as exploring places i've never checked out before in my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment