Sunday 27 March 2016

Current Skincare Routine



Hello everyone and Happy Easter! Today I wanted to take a break from all the makeup posts and share some skincare products I use in my routine. I have had all of these products for a long period of time because I find it easier to share my thoughts on products I've been using for a while.You might notice while reading this that I don't have a facial wash in here and that is because I don't like to use one unless my skin is really oily or if i'm wearing makeup (I don't wear a makeup everyday). Before anyone gives me hell for not religiously using face wash, please keep in mind that everyone's skin is different and different products/methods work for different people, I try not to mess with my skin too much since it is very sensitive and easily irritated. My skin is also dry with a little bit of oiliness in the t zone. Also I usually only break out if it's my time of the month. I have always been kind of lazy when it comes to skincare and often forget to apply moisturizer and sunscreen (i'm working on that though). I was told that I didn't need to wear sunscreen growing up due to my background (for some reason many people I know look down on it- but i'm going to address this issue in another post) and I have definitely suffered skin wise from this.  When I was younger I used to lay out in the sun all day to tan and doing that and not wearing sunscreen I feel has aged me more. Nowadays, I still going out and enjoy the sun, but I just make sure to wear a baseball cap and apply sunscreen to protect my skin. Now that i'm done rambling about my skincare background, let's get on with the products!



I really love this Clinique skincare duo for dry/combo skin. I purchased this set for $15 at Sephora and it comes with the 7 Day Scrub Cream and the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.I'm not sure if this duo is still available but there was also one for oily/combo skin. Even though the bottles are small, they have last me a few months. I would highly recommend both of these products to anyone with dry skin.



The next product I really like is the Apieu Pure Block Natural Sun Cream. Can we just take a moment to admire how cute Doraemon looks on the packaging? This is a Korean sunscreen with SPF45. I was worried at first that this would irritate my skin because I've gotten rashes and hives from some sunscreens I used in the past, but this one doesn't bother my skin. This sunscreen also has a fragrance for anyone who is worried about that. So if you're in the market for a new sunscreen, I suggest you give this one a try.



I also really love the green tea sheet mask from The Face Shop. It is by far my favourite sheet mask I have tried from there and it's only $2. It really hydrates my dry skin and I even got one of my friends with oily skin hooked on it! So I think this would work for all skin types. There's also alot of  leftover serum on this mask so I like to use it twice or I'll rub the excess on my neck and hands.



This next product is the most recent addition to my skincare regimen. It is the Ganique Paris Vitamin C Serum. I picked this up because vitamin c is great for fading dark spots and I wanted to get rid of some acne scarring. This serum pumps out as a clear gel that can leave your face sticky if too much is applied. I was kind of skeptical at first, since I'm the type of person who expects overnight results haha. I didn't see much of a difference in my skin after the first month (although I was not always consistent with the application) but it definitely works! My acne scars have started to fade so I will continue using this serum.



The last product in my regimen is Bioderma Micellar Solution. It is a non-rinse formula that can be used as a toner or to remove makeup. I like to use oil to break down my makeup and then use Bioderma to remove the rest. I don't know if it's because I have the formula for combo skin when my skin is currently more on the dry side, but I was not as impressed with this product as I initially thought I'd be. I've already gone through one bottle of this and am know on my second. I just had really high hopes for this product. I does get the job done in removing my makeup, but not as easily as some people have claimed. I find that it irritates my eyes and smells strongly of alcohol- even though it is alcohol free. Overall I would recommend this makeup remover but I would like to try more Micellar Water's too.

Thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment